Is basement waterproofing worth the cost for residential homeowners in Kansas City?
Well, we certainly think so, or we wouldn’t offer it. There are several terrific reasons to waterproof your home for preventative measures, remodeling purposes, or as part of a larger effort to address structural damages. Continue reading to discover why this is one of our most popular services at Olson Foundation Repair.
Is Basement Waterproofing Worth The Cost?
There are two very common reasons to pursue basement waterproofing around our community: 1) You have significant trouble with leaks, and/or 2) Want to finish a basement.
If you’re getting water in your basement, then this is a no-brainer because intrusive water leads to mold, which is an enormous health hazard. Hydrostatic pressure also contributes to wall cracks and may exacerbate other structural issues. Then there are property owners who need help as they prepare a finished basement.
We regularly assist clients who wish to remodel their basement but don’t yet have adequate water protection. That’s where we’ll install sump pumps, interior drain-tile systems, seal it with exterior membranes, and so forth. If you want to install decent sheetrock ceilings or any other premium enhancements, you’ll need a watertight basement first.
Is Basement Waterproofing Worth The Cost? Yes, If You Hire a Professional
We always have to insert the important caveat regarding quality waterproofing services: you must hire a professional to make it worthwhile. There are several reasons for this.
- You’ll have a much better chance of optimal results. Reputable service contractors, like Olson Foundation Repair, can offer favorable warranty coverage because we do the job right the first time.
- While you could DIY a few minor waterproofing jobs, even the simpler stuff takes a long time and you risk making mistakes or even creating worse problems.
- Foundation repair is a rare trade, so there aren’t as many experts as there are for plumbing or HVAC repair. You won’t find as many reliable tutorial options on YouTube, either. This is also not something most handymen do very often.
Primary Benefits of Basement Waterproofing
What are some other benefits to waterproofing your basement?
- Once you take care of the water and moisture entering the basement, you have more flexibility to expand your home, including other basement-level rooms.
- Those cracks aren’t only ugly, but when water gets through, during a heavy rainstorm, you might experience flooding.
- Does your basement always smell musty? That’s often either a water issue or you have porous foundation material (stone or cinder block). Foul odors are difficult to eliminate, but we can rectify some of the root causes.
- You can also reduce the damp or humid feeling in the basement without having to resort to setting up humidifiers all over the place.
- Waterproofing service is even helpful for improving energy efficiency. That’s because humid basements and crawlspaces will impact other rooms, ultimately placing greater strain on your HVAC system.
Olson Foundation Repair – Your Top Resource for Waterproofing Service
Those are just a few reasons to consider basement waterproofing in your Kansas City home. It may not be mandatory for every single structure, but if you struggle with water, dampness, and humidity, then it’s worth investigating. Olson Foundation Repair is happy to offer a range of minor, medium, and major solutions depending on the severity of the trouble you’re having.
Our company enjoys lots of positive customer praise along with a solid standing with the Better Business Bureau (BBB). That’s only possible with our commitment to helping Kansas City families secure structural soundness for their homes. We’re available in every community around the metro area, including Olathe, Lee’s Summit, Liberty, and Merriam.
Contact us anytime for an inspection where we’ll answer that nagging question: Is basement waterproofing worth the cost.